AMD claims the AMD Radeon RX 6000-series can beat both the Nvidia RTX 3080 and RTX 3090
You’ll need to activate the “Rage Mode” overclocking feature
By the looks of the benchmarks, the new RX 6800 XT can trade blows with the Nvidia RTX 3080 in a host of top games, with all the settings maxed out. We’re looking at some clear wins, too, with games like Forza Horizon 4 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pumping out more frames per second than the rival Nvidia cards according to AMD’s claims.
At first glance, the AMD’s RX 6900 XT card looks pretty beefy up against Nvidia’s RTX 3090, taking the crown at 4K in Forza Horizon 4 and Battlefield 5. But on closer inspection, it appears these numbers only account for when AMD’s new signature “Rage Mode” easy overclocking feature is enabled. We’ll have to test it ourselves to get a better idea of its potential.
The bottom line for now is that it looks like the RX 6000-series should be able to deliver a competitive gaming experience at 1440p or 4K.
AMD RX 6000 Key Points
– Up to 5120 shader cores in RX 6900 XT, 3840 cores in RX 6800
– Maximum boost clocks of 2.1-2.25 GHz
– 16GB of GDDR6 for the three cards revealed today
– 128MB Infinity Cache more than doubles effective bandwidth
– One Ray Accelerator per CU, 10x speedup for RT calculations
– Prices of $999, $649 and $579 for 6900 XT, 6800 XT and 6800
– Upcoming FidelityFX enhancements to offer DLSS alternative
Do you have any questions?
Call 020 3637 6095
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org